How to Prepare A Good Dissertation Finding & Analysis
One of the most difficult aspects of academic life in a college is writing a dissertation. The final term assignments that one must submit by the end of the last semester are one of the most significant assignments in the college life.
This article is a part of the series of articles that talk about dissertations and different parts of a dissertation. For example, the dissertation introduction,literature reviews, research methodology and dissertation conclusion.
Now, a dissertation is a very vast topic to cover. Also, dissertations, no matter how much you may hate doing them, are very important, considering your academic curriculum. And amongst the multiple parts of a dissertation, there is one very specific section that is the most important of all.
It is the finding and analysis section. Why is it important? For that, let us know what a ‘finding and analysis’ is.
What is the ‘Finding and Analysis’ Section?
The ‘finding and analysis’ section of a dissertation contains a detailed description of the outcomes that have been deduced after the research has been conducted. Writing a winning dissertation requires a lot of time and effort. So you can avail of an expert dissertation paper writer and get the perfect paper ready before the deadline. This section is divided into two:
Finding: Like the nomenclature says, this section will contain the information about what all facts, figures, and information were discovered during the research. In this section, there is a method-wise description of the found data or information.
Analysis: As the name suggests, the analysis section contains information that has been deduced from the findings. The conclusions that have been drawn from the discovered facts, figures, or information, are presented in this section of a dissertation. This section can be coupled with the literature review section of the dissertation to give a clear picture of the contrast between your findings and the previously collected data or information.
Tips to Nail the ‘Finding and Analysis’ Section
This is for certain that writing a finding and analysis is not an easy job. If you do not want to give your work to any dissertation writing service, you can follow the given tips to help you do this section better:
- Screen: You must know how to separate useful data from the heap. There will be a lot of data and information that you will encounter while researching. You need to separate the data that is useful to you.
- Analyze: You need to give a reason to involve the data that you’ve shortlisted. This is where you analyze the data or information and validate it for your research.
- Thoroughness: You should be able to present the data in a flow. The data or the information is not sufficient to explain themselves. You need to be expressive with the data and should be able to explain the findings to the readers fluently.
- Presentable: You can and should preferably use visual aids and graphs to present the data that you have collected or concluded from your research. Just putting the data in a sheet is not going to serve you well. You need to find ways to present the data in a better way.
- Discuss: You should more often than not keep a ‘discussion’ part in your ‘finding and analysis’. This will help your readers get your views on the findings of your research, the views of contrasting authors, and the correlation of results of previous similar researches with those of your research. Make sure you do not copy paste any content from the web or from any book, that is, avoid plagiarism.
- Relation with Literature Review: The ‘analysis’ part of the findings and analysis section can be linked with a literature review. This way the readers will get a perspective of how is your research connected to those that happened previously in the same field. If you do this well enough, there are high chances of your research work gets the ultimate hike. The reason is, when your results are contradictory to the previous findings in similar researches, it will stir up a discussion in the community that follows the field you are researching about.
This was a detailed ‘how to’ on your dissertation’s ‘finding and analysis’ section. If you make sure you follow the tips given here and work accordingly, you are sure to land up with a good ‘finding and analysis’ section for your dissertation. However, don’t forget to involve the dissertation abstract in your paper that gives the verdict of your findings. For more writing help, approach the professionals of PenMyPaper.