Example Of A Case Study Format: 8 Writing Tips For Reference
You must have dreamt of joining the corporate sector after completing your studies! Almost every alternate scholar dream of it, when they are into an MBA or any other management studies. But, imagine when you have to analyze those dream companies or the international business industry while studying in that domain. Not so great thoughts, right? That’s because of the underlying pressures and challenges of a case study analysis.
Don’t wait for a case study; find it from the ongoing circumstances
This article presents some excellent and valuable case study writing tips, as suggested by the academic writing experts. Read more to find more.
How to write a case study analysis report: dos and don’ts
To-do and not-to-do list for a case study analysis are essential for every scholar to go through once before generating the report. From sample selection to proofreading, guidance is never a bad idea. Find the catalog of tips right here right now!
1. Identify the aim of this study
You are going to perform the empirical market analysis, then you should know the objective, too. It’s for your own good that you identify the underlying idea. Normally, case studies are assigned to evaluate a student’s know-how on the subject line or to judge how well he or she is versed with the industry standards. So, motivate yourself to engage more and delve deeper.
2. Keep calm and concentrate
Focused study is one way to obtain success. Before you start exploring the company or the product or the industry in whole, you should drive yourself towards calmness. Mental peace is important prior to big challenges and a plethora of responsibilities. Take your time to prepare, as well. Read samples, meet your guide, or consult an expert. Get ready to rock!
3. Pick an easy-breezy sample
Choice of samples from excellent business essay topics requires smart approaches and clever decisions. There’re some metrics of picking the right sample. Time to learn it all –
- Unbiased samples required
- Decide whether purposive or random
- Not too general or too personal
- Pick interesting projects to study
- You yourself can be a good sample
- Big prevalent organizations are ideal
Any sample you choose; just make sure it triggers your urge to research and learn more. Otherwise, you’ll end up procrastinating and missing the deadline.
4. Make a routine to divide work
Case study analyses are normally long projects. It becomes difficult to manage within the deadline if you don’t have a static routine. Break your time and divide the workloads, accordingly. Try to follow the schedule at any cost. For example, do the first draft within 2-weeks if you have decided like that. Develop personal resilience to face the reality of academic life and career.
5. Distinguish minor and major data
Like your case study research is important, organizing the data is equally essential. Subsequent to your detailed research, assemble all the information at one place and start identifying the major ones. Build a separate list for major shreds of statistics and evidence. Keeping it handy saves time while writing. Do the same for the minor ones. Remember, those are accountable for backing up the major information.
6. Address 5-6 key strengths and weaknesses
Unearthing as much as possible, perhaps, is the most vital consideration for any student during case study analysis. Perform a SWOT analysis on the sample to find at least five to six major strengths and weakness. Further, highlight the impending threats and opportunities of that sample. Give possible solutions that you think are suitable to change the situation. Review a few out-of-the-table discussions and running strategies to discover the gaps in planning.
7. Mention the limitations of your study
Don’t forget to highlight the limitations and delimitations of your study. Limitations are pre-determined influences, whereas, delimitations are the research choices as made by the scholars. Pointing to this will help reader gage and gauge how far you have walked to find the details. Further, it will add up to your credibility in terms of genuine and authentic research findings. This is how you should write the Literature Review section in your analytical paper.
8. Prove the point through negative hypothesis
Unlike other essays and assignments, case studies are best proved through a negative hypothesis. Outline alternative solutions and constraints to emphasize how irrational they are. Explain with minute details why the alternatives are not good options. Neither of your rejection should be insensible. Develop strong notions that imply why alternate theories are not suitable.
Outline of a case study report: ideal one to follow
Just the way you outline an essay, it’s crucial to develop an outline for your case study report. Give it a professional touch and organize it as perfectly as you can. Don’t forget to insert the integral levels and subhead the layers with exact wordiness. Check below for a bit of suggestion –
- Introduction and Framework
- Introduce with Quote Kicker or an interesting question
- Give an outline of your sample with suitable insight
- Background Information
- Tell a bit about the history of your sample
- Point to any significant event of the past
- Limitations and Delimitations of the study
- Discuss the problems faced during research
- Highlight the constraints of prohibition
- Give a reason why you haven’t extended farther
- Analytical Report with Findings
- Focus on the strengths of the sample
- Tell its weakness (major and minor)
- Speak of the threats to your sample
- Highlight the opportunities it has
- Alternate Recommendations
- Say possible alternate solutions
- Explain why those are not worthy
- Possible (appropriate) Solutions
- Enlighten one specific solution to escape the threats
- Explain why do you think of it as the best solution
- Draw plans to turn weaknesses into strengths
- Predict how fast it can utilize the opportunities
- Conclusion and Discussion
- Reinstate the main point of your study
- Discuss what you have said so far
- Give a gist of your research and analysis
- Recommend new concepts and scopes
The first draft is never the last draft. You can develop two to three drafts before finalizing one. However, maintain this outline in all your drafts to preserve the consistency in writing. Quality comes with coherent unswerving composition.
Too many challenges to overcome? Let an expert do it for you
Yes, you heard it right! Online experts are there to help you with case study analysis and report writing. PenMyPaper is a prominent name in the academic paper writing service industry. It has an excellent team embracing a number of strategists, project managers, writers, and editors. Each of them is a subject-matter-experts and has a stern hold over the subject. They will help you with a comprehensive solution – sample selection to proofreading. Consult now to get quick solutions!