Teamwork Lessons From Team USA’s Golden Performance at The Rio Olympics
The best place to exhibit team spirit is at any sports event, and what could beat the Olympics when it comes to the major sports events. This XXXI Olympiad at Rio was a historic event for the USA as the national team bagged most of the medals among all other participating nations. To what may we owe this success?
This is not only about athletics and perseverance, but also has a lot to do with teamwork. For leaders and aspiring entrepreneurs, who are trying to achieve visionary goals and strategic plans, the historic success of team USA can offer great insights into the power of impassioned team spirit and inspirational training.
Here are a few lessons of teamwork you can learn from the US Olympics team while taking a few breaks from your over-burdensome assignments or doctoral thesis.
A Field for the Most Potent Team
The US teams demonstrated in the best possible way when people choose the field for their most powerful teams. These are teams that have earned their distinction for representing the cause. If you seek to field for the most potent teams, you must enlist those, who are actually into it. Look for employees, who have devoted all of their precious time for rigorous practices and conditioning, and have determined perseverance before they are in the game. This way they carried that gold medal to home for your company.
Here’s how you as an entrepreneur or manager, can make sure that you assemble the strongest teams at your side:
- Nurture the Existing Talent: Most organizations as per survey reports suggest that they find leadership development as their most glaring organizational weakness. Offering quality, in-depth training to the present staff and the board can make all the difference in the world for both the short-term and long-term organizations.
- Make It an Honour to Participate: You must emphasize on the fact that the hot pursuit of visionary goals does not only mean the expansion of your clients or your company and community, but it’s, in fact, strong evidence as well of the team members’ own professional growth. It should be an honour to create a positive change.
- Provide Opportunities for Your Employees to Excel: Having mandatory participation may not be a complete failsafe procedure to elicit the perseverance required for goal fulfillment. So, you must provide opportunities for individuals to be able to participate and make contributions. You may choose to sign into the dotted line or publish their names on the social media sites, which will indicate their commitment to winning the battle. When trying to make efforts to reach for your visionary goals, it is better to be advanced with caution and with an army of devout followers than to be delayed due to a pack of disgruntled peers.
- Stop Worrying about Who is Not Available: It may also happen that the best players of your teams are not available during the important time period like it happened for the Roster, where two of their star players were not present. But the coach did not get caught up thinking about what those two players could do for the team. He knew that team has to be just fine. So, instead of focussing on the missing grounds, he chose to proceed with the team with the existing players.
Likewise, in your career, you must focus on succeeding with the people and resources that you do have, instead of running behind the ones that are not available. Offices that long for their former colleagues or bosses are wasting their time and energy. Instead, you must encourage the employees who choose to stay with the team and push them to produce the best outcome. This is how they should focus on time management.
- Ask Your Team Members to Keep Their Ego in Check and Know Their Exact Roles: In the Olympics events, it often happens that the players do not get ample field time, but they remain on the floor during the key moments of their teams. Their tremendous support and enthusiasm of the players shine through, even though they are not on the floor.
You must adopt a similar attitude in your work environment, even at times, when you feel slighted away.
In your career, if things head right as you had planned, then you will find yourself in a leadership role that requires you to think carefully and build a culture. At the same time, you must realize that nothing in business or life lasts forever, so build what is there instead of tearing down the existing culture.
We, at PenMyPaper, as an online assignment writing service provider, aim to work together and craft the perfect essays, dissertations, and other academic papers for the students. We want to create a holistic learning environment for students to do some real learning during their colleges or high schools, instead of focusing on the assignment submissions.