How to write a good Dissertation Conclusion
No matter which paper you write in your college, you have to have a conclusion framed for that. Be it an essay, an article, a research paper, a dissertation, anything – there should be a concluding part in the end. A good conclusion helps the readers understand the basic summary of the work and the purpose and relevance of the writing that you’ve done.
A dissertation can be considered as one of the toughest nuts to crack in college academia. It involves a long span of tie that you will have to spend burying your head in a pile of books or parking yourself behind a computer. But you would agree that college is not just for academics, right?
What is a Dissertation Conclusion?
Not unlike the conclusions of other academic writing papers, a dissertation conclusion also focuses on the summary of the whole research, the elements of the summary of the research, and on elaborating the results that were drawn from the research.
A good dissertation conclusion gives out the perfect blend of information; what the research or the dissertation was all about, and how did it come out – it explains all.
Tips for a good Dissertation Conclusion
Writing a conclusion for your dissertation is tricky. It is tricky because your conclusion will be the last thing of your dissertation that the reader will go through. They will remember only what your conclusion has to offer. That is why it becomes necessary to make your conclusion technically sound and linguistically optimized.
Here is a list of pointers that will, if followed properly, give you an excellent conclusion for your dissertation.
- Answer the Questions: You should answer your research problem statements in your conclusion. Along with the research question, you need to explain the peripheral problem statements as well. This will leave the reader with a sense of satisfaction and completeness.
- Hypothesis Confirmation: Your conclusion should either confirm the hypothesis that you began the research with or should reject it. Either way, the conclusion should have a statement of the final verdict on the hypothesis. Otherwise, the research will be pointless.
- Information: There should not be any new piece of information in your conclusion. This will be a mind-boggler for the reader and that will not end well for the impression of your dissertation. So whatever you wish to include, involve it in your body.
- No Examples: The conclusion should be free from any kind of examples or explanations. Introducing something new in the last section of your dissertation is amateurish and will not leave a good impression on the reader.
- Don’t use First Person: Since a conclusion is about simply concluding the facts that you have earlier found out, you need not use the first person while writing the conclusion for your dissertation. A conclusion is just a statement of facts and information, a summary of the findings and a closing of the problem statements. There is no need whatsoever for injecting personal opinion. Therefore, no first person in conclusion.
- It’s a Conclusion, Not the Result: There is a fair bit of difference between a conclusion and the results section of your dissertation. You should never copy content from your results section into the conclusion. In the results section, you just state what has been found, whereas, in your conclusion, you use your findings to close down the research problem statement. Therefore, it is essential that you understand the difference between a conclusion and a results section.
- Length of the Conclusion: There is an endless palette of topics that you can pick for writing your dissertation. Not all of those topics will require the same length in the conclusion part. For topics that are strictly numerical or those that require a lot of analytical methods, do not need the conclusion to be too lengthy; the facts conclude for themselves. Therefore, you should be aware of the type of topic that you are preparing your dissertation on.
This article, as is evident, throws light on how you can gracefully and tactfully conclude your dissertation. After you have followed these steps, you will find yourselves with a subtle and at the same time, informative conclusion to your dissertation.
Get Professional Help
Are you still drooling with your dissertation conclusion? It’s an important section where a significant percentage of your marks is dependent upon, so make sure you’re making it perfect to get yourself higher grades. PenMyPaper offers on-time academic writing services to students. So you can give us a chance to write a captivating dissertation conclusion for you to draw a perfect ending line to your dissertation.